Call for Proposal: Evaluation of Youth Embrace
01 juni 2021
YWCA-YMCA of Sweden is a global youth movement that strives to meet the current needs of youth today as well as providing a platform where young people can develop to their full potential. The YWCA-YMCA Sweden consists of 150 local associations with 45 000 members. The organization is affiliated with the World YWCA and YMCA and the YMCA and the YWCA of Europe. As the national organization, YWCA-YMCA of Sweden has the responsibility for organizational identity, leadership training, international cooperation etc. The core of our international work is developing youth organizations so that they are effective and relevant for youth.
YWCA-YMCA of Sweden has a long history of cooperation and implementation of Sida-funded interventions in eastern Europe and have been implementing Sida-funded interventions for many years. The programs has empowered young people and national and local Y-organizations and reached tens of thousands of youth over the years.
It is time to evaluate the recently finalized programme Youth Embrace, implemented by two YMCAs in 2018-2020. During this period the aim was to empower youth to influence their lives in a positive way by providing them with civic and soft skills and for them to play an active role in their Y-organizations and local communities. Details about the intervention and partners will be provided upon request by firstname.lastname@example.org.
The evaluation is expected to be carried out between June and 22nd of September 2021. Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply either as a team or individually.
We welcome consultants both from Sweden and abroad.
The purpose of the evaluation is to assess the results of the finished intervention Youth Embrace to learn what worked well and what worked less well. The evaluation will be used to provide a solid ground for the next phase (Youth Force) and further develop its methods, objectives, baseline data and relevant indicators.
The primary intended users of the evaluation are the programme management of YWCA-YMCA Sweden and its partner organizations within the Youth Embrace/Youth Force.
For more details, please refer to the links below:
Preliminary Time Schedule
The time schedule will be agreed upon by YWCA-YMCA of Sweden and the evaluator/s based on availability and method for evaluation. The deadline for the final report will be the 22nd of September. Due to the current situation of covid-19 in the partner countries and the state of vaccinations etc. the evaluator/s may conduct the evaluation digitally or semi-digitally. The implementing partners are running activities in the summer months and they, as well as the target group, are available during the whole period.
The evaluator/s shall have documented skills and experience from conducting evaluations and leading evaluation teams, including communication and facilitation skills. The evaluator/s shall possess the following:
- Documented theoretical and practical experiences of Swedish development cooperation and/or international aid.
- Expertise in human rights-based approach.
- Experience of evaluating empowerment of youth and vulnerable groups.
- Evaluation and monitoring expertise of monitoring tools, especially Outcome Harvesting and qualitative data techniques.
- Experience of participatory approach and strong communication skills.
- Proficiency in English.
The following competencies are highly recommended and will be taken in consideration when assessing the tenders:
- Familiarity with the context of eastern Europe.
- Proficiency in Russian.
How to Apply
Tenders shall be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com no later than 17th of June 2021. We welcome consultants both from Sweden and abroad. All tenders must be written in English. Please submit the following information in PDF:
- Profile and CV of each consultant involved containing a full description of relevant qualifications and professional work experience and their role in the evaluation process.
- References regarding similar assignments conducted plus one example of previous evaluation conducted by the evaluator/s.
- A methodological proposal.
- Suggested procedure for quality assurance, with focus on inclusion of key users.
- Suggested timeframe.
- Suggested budget, including all costs and VAT.
For questions or clarifications, please contact YWCA-YMCA of Sweden’s International Secretary Martin Hedberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.